dev@glassfish.java.net

What actions to take for "upgrade service"

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 06:20:53 -0700

VR> Hi,
VR> Since we are fast approaching Milestone 6 (8/24) and we do not have a
VR> functioning upgrade service from v2 to v3 yet, this is to request v3
VR> module owners to provide status (not started yet/in progress/done) on
VR> where they are with their upgrade service work to
VR> gfv3upgrade-team_at_sun.com by COB Wed, 8/12. I am going to track progress
VR> of this going forward since it impacts the upgrade tool delivery.

VR> Please see following dashboard for details ( or contact Bobby or
VR> Rebecca - cc'ed here - for more info )

VR> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3UpgradeDashboard

VR> If there are technical questions/issues related to the upgrade service,
VR> please continue sending them to the dev_at_glassfish.dev.java.net.

When I hear "upgrade service" I think "a piece of software that upgrades
an app that conforms to version N to be conformant to version N+1". Is
that what this is? If so, then the process for doing so with JSF can be
as simple as updating the web.xml and updating or deleting your
faces-config.xml to have the new version numbers, and deleting the
facelets.jar, or as complex as having to migrate your JSP tag libraries
to Facelet libraries.

Can you please tell me, on this list, what actions I might need to take
for JSF 2.0?

Thanks,

Ed