dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Network config questions

From: Justin Lee <Justin.Lee_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:32:28 -0400

June.Parks_at_Sun.COM wrote:
>> There are actually 2 different ways to create a network listener.
>> The comment in June's document is correct. create-http-listener will
>> create the required referenced elements. This command was kept
>> around and refitted for the new layout to preserve compatibility with
>> v2. The new command create-network-listener as you've correctly
>> noted does *not* create these elements and they must be created first.
> This is not what you told me when I was writing a summary of Grizzly
> changes for the Release Notes. It also pretty much guarantees that
> users will prefer to use create-network-listener, despite it being
> deprecated, because it is easier.

It is what I said, actually. That's how it's worked ever since
grizzly-config went in. And yes, they may still prefer to use
create-http-listener. I'm actually ok with that, personally, but it
*does* mean duplicated functionality to some extent.
create-http-listener isn't deprecated as such. It just doesn't match
the structures created in domain.xml anymore like it used to. We could
always just remove create-http-listener but that'd be rather disruptive,
I'd think.