dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Default network config with GlassFish embedded

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:42:19 -0700
Fond  the root cause:

INFO: GlassFish v3  startup time : Embedded(441ms) startup services(226ms) total(667ms)
Jul 27, 2009 6:32:32 PM AppServerStartup run
INFO: [Thread[GlassFish Kernel Main Thread,5,main]] started
Jul 27, 2009 6:32:32 PM com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl getCommand
INFO: Command create-http-listener not found

server.createPort() execute create-http-listener command. This command is part of web-cli.jar. I defined the explicit dependency on web-cli and everything works fine.

The real fix will be to include this in glassfish-embedded-nucleus package on which I depend.

-vivek.

Vivek Pandey wrote:
The jruby uses of GlassFish embedded API bases on glassfish-embedded-nucleus, which is pretty much nucleus distribution with hk2 and grizzly.

The server starts up fine however there is no default network configuration, so during grizzly adapter registration I am getting an NPE. Am I supposed to add a NetworkConfigu element on the Config myself? I would guess it is provided as part of default embedded implementation. Here is the exception thrown:

SEVERE: Exception while loading the app
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.GrizzlyService.getPortsFromVirtualServers(GrizzlyService.java:614)
   at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.GrizzlyService.registerEndpoint(GrizzlyService.java:527)
   at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.GrizzlyService.registerEndpoint(GrizzlyService.java:512)
   at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.GrizzlyService.registerEndpoint(GrizzlyService.java:490)
   at org.glassfish.scripting.jruby.JRubyApplication.start(JRubyApplication.java:214)
   at org.glassfish.internal.data.EngineRef.start(EngineRef.java:126)
   at org.glassfish.internal.data.ModuleInfo.start(ModuleInfo.java:217)
   at org.glassfish.internal.data.ApplicationInfo.start(ApplicationInfo.java:193)
   at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:304)

This is how I am starting the server:

       Server.Builder  builder = new Server.Builder("ruby");
       Server server = builder.build();
       server.addContainer(new JRubyContainerBuilder());
       server.createPort(3000);
       DeployCommandParameters params = new DeployCommandParameters();
       params.name = "depot";
       Properties props = new Properties();
       props.put("jruby.home", jrubyInstalDir);
       params.property = props;
       EmbeddedDeployer dep = server.getDeployer();
       dep.deploy(new File(appDir), params);

-vivek.