dev@glassfish.java.net

need to create logging.properties file during upgrade

From: Carla Mott <Carla.Mott_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:09:43 -0700

Hi,

I see there is code in admin/server-mgmt that handle the case where
domain.xml doesn't exist. I thought I could leverage some of that. In
the case of logging things are simpler in that I only need to copy the
template file for logging.properties to the config dir of the domain
instance. I don't need to create log files etc as that is handled
separately. This should only really be needed during upgrade process.

I tried updating my code which reads the logging.properties file but
that code is in common/common-util and I can not have a dependency on
server-mgmt in that module. So I need to know where to put my updates
so that very early in the upgrade cycle I can copy over the
logging.properties file to the config dir of the domain and how that
will get called.

Anyone know the appropriate place?

Thanks,
Carla