dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Name of the DAS server

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:43:31 -0700

I think this was to make it simple in the single server case.
What's the name of the single server you're using? "server"!

Yes, if you're in a more complex environment with a DAS and
separate server instances, it's weird that the name of the
DAS is "server". I guess we figured that was already a more
complicated situation and people who understand how to manage
a domain like this would be able to figure out the naming.

We were more worried about the person only ever using a single
server and having to figure out what a "das" is.