dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMX Access to the MQ Broker

From: Jason Lee <jasondlee_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:53:32 -0500

On Jul 9, 2009, at 5:16 PM, Linda Schneider wrote:
> The instance is started with the server (unless you turn it off) ...

It doesn't appear to be starting automatically, as nothing answers on
7676.

> I believe that it is "supposed" to share the glassfish directory in-
> process but I'm not 100% sure (and the author of that code no longer
> works at sun) ... if you get stuck let me know and I can dig.
>
> If you want to know what URI it is running on, telnet to the broker
> and it should tell you.
>
> e.g.
>
> telnet localhost 7676

I ran imqbrokerd and connected as suggested, and got a REALLY long
URL, so I guess that works, but it seems I have to start the process?

> There are helper methods with the MQ JMX API that can be used to
> talk to the portmapper if you want to retrieve the host/port that
> way (or you can configure it to start unsing a specific URI)

Are those in the GF tree? Are there JavaDocs available?

         Jason Lee
Senior Java Developer
GlassFish Administration Console

Sun Microsystems, Inc.