dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Fwd: Please review POM changes

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:45:37 -0700

No, the most current version will not be used.

Since org.glassfish.gmbal:gmbal:3.0.0-b004 artfiact is defined in
dependencyManagemet of the parent level pom.xml, the version information
is inherited to the child poms. No need to include the version.
Defining the dependencies in the parent level helps centralize the
dependency information in one pom. We don't want multiple child poms
depending on the same artifact with different versions. Just think, it
would be really complex for the packager module to figure out which
version to include in v3.

HTH,
Jane