dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [action] Reviewing the v3 domain.xml format

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 02:01:08 -0700

Hi Tim

This is really cool, there is no limit on how far this tool can go. I
talked with June and Abhijit few months back how we could autogenerate a
lot of the domain configuration from the config model using a tool like
you wrote.

I understand this was a week end hack but I have a few RFEs if this is
not already implementated.

1. would it be possible to plug an output adapter, so we can generate
DTDs, wiki page and tables with cross-referencing.
2. could you add the notion of @Documentation to the hk2 framework, Jane
could use this @Documentation annotation to enter information like the
one we find today in the administration guide.
3. out of this @Documentation, guess what you would start generating...
4. is this purely a reporting tool or are there possible ways of adding
verification semantics to check the config interfaces are consistent ?

Jerome