dev@glassfish.java.net

Maven plugin for Glassfish

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.mailing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:46:40 +0200

Hi All,
I'm migrating my Ant build scripts to Maven. Much easier to compile,
package... but not to interact with GlassFish 2.1. With Ant I was directly
executing asadmin commands, so I had unlimited power to start/stop GlassFish
domains, deploy/undeploy apps, set properties...

I want to do the same with Maven and checked for GlassFish plugins.
Unfortunately there are a few :

* https://glassfish-maven-plugin.dev.java.net/ : doesn't seem to be
maintained anymore.

* http://code.google.com/p/glassfish-maven-plugin/ : moved to
http://github.com/andrzejsliwa/glassfish-maven-plugin/tree/master/glassfish-maven-plugin/src/main/java
but
doesn't seem to move much

* http://www.ohloh.net/p/glassfish-maven-plugin : I have no clue

* http://code.google.com/p/asadmin-maven-plugin/ : asadmin maven plugin
looks interesting and is still getting updates

* and please, don't tell me that the Maven exec plugin is the best solution
(http://mojo.codehaus.org/exec-maven-plugin/).

Do you guys know which plugin to use ? The one that is not dead and will
keep on getting updates in a near future ? asadmin maven plugin looks
interesting, has anybody use it ?

Thanks,
Antonio