dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Maven CLI Plugin

From: Dan Allen <dan.j.allen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 10:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

Jason Lee-16 wrote:

> Forgive me if this has been mentioned here before or if you've been
> inundated by it from other sources, but I thought it might help a lot
> of people out:
>
> http://www.mojavelinux.com/blog/archives/2009/05/a_gamechanging_maven_2_plugin_you_absolutely_must_use/
>
> For the impatient, it's basically a shell for Maven, allowing you to
> start the shell, which will incur the startup penalty of POM
> processing once, and then execute multiple commands from the prompt it
> provides. Dan Allen does a pretty good write up of here, showing a
> number of tips and tricks.

Thanks for posting Jason.

I just can't live without the maven-cli-plugin now that I have tasted its
fruits. Subsequent commands are lightening fast and you can leave the
command prompt open for days, so you almost forget what it is like to run
Maven from the commandline.

Note, however, that if you change the POM, you will need to restart the
prompt. That bit me on one occasion. I couldn't figure out why the build
kept fetching a dependency I had removed. So just take note of that.

-Dan