dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: URGENT: ACTION: JANE: Samples build failure in 20090522 SDK nightly: easy to fix.

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 11:00:05 -0700

Ed Burns wrote:

> SM> The build.properties is put in based on the bug filed by QA.
> SM> The UserReadme.html has instructions to update the properties.
>
> SM> Could you pl. update the properties based on your installation and let
> SM> me know if it is still an issue. If you are using your own
> SM> ~/build.properties, you can rename bp-project/build.properties so that
> SM> it is doesn't come in the way.
>
> Ok, so it's supposed to be that way. Can we change the filename to
> build.properties.sample? That's a common approach.

The bp-project already has build.properties.sample which is used as a
template. The same template is used even for build.properties which
caters to default use case.

Perhaps, we xan exclude build.properties.sample from the distribution
and users can rename build.properties to any name they want it.

Pl. let me know so that I can file a bug.