dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish with an external debugger?

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 09:32:09 -0700

It does not talk about the usecase that Jacob is talking about. Basicaly
to use many profilers you provide agentlib or agentpath JVM option to
load the library in very early stage of JVM startup. See:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/platform/jvmti/jvmti.html#starting

-vivek.

June.Parks_at_Sun.COM wrote:
> The following Developer's Guide chapter might be helpful:
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4496/beafc?a=view
>
> June
>
> On 05/ 6/09 05:44 PM, Mitesh Meswani wrote:
>> >java -jar -Xdebug -agentpath:{path to debug script} glassfish.jar.
>> I have never used above method. I use one of following two methods
>> and both still works
>> 1. java -jar -Xdebug
>> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9009
>> Or
>> 2. asadmin start-domain --debug
>> Attach debugger to port 9009
>>

>> Jacob Kessler wrote:
>>> Prior to the Felix classloader changes, I was able to run GlassFish
>>> with (for example) java -jar -Xdebug -agentpath:{path to debug
>>> script} glassfish.jar. With the most recent version, I'm receiving
>>> an error [1] when using those arguments. Is there a new correct way
>>> to attach an external debugger to GlassFish, or is this a bug?
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> ERROR: Error starting
>>> file:/home/jacob/Glassfish/nightly/glassfish/modules/osgi-main.jar
>>> (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
>>> com.sun.enterprise.osgi-main [1].)
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/yourkit/runtime/Callback
>>> at org.jvnet.hk2.osgimain.Main.<clinit>(Main.java)
>>> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>>> Method)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>>
>>> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>>> at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
>>> at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.createBundleActivator(Felix.java:3341)
>>> at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1453)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:984)
>>> at