dev@glassfish.java.net

anyone else see this?

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 10:57:58 -0400

I updated my workspace this morning and I am seeing some really weird
behavior now (when I updated my workspace yesterday morning, things were
fine).

1. After I installed server, I started domain which is ok:

hzhang_at_nmr:~/files/sun/glassfishv3/glassfish/bin$ ./asadmin start-domain
Name of the domain started: [domain1] and
its location:
[/home/hzhang/files/sun/glassfishv3/glassfish/domains/domain1].
Admin port for the domain: [4848].

2. Then I tried to deploy a simple application, after it complained the
deploy is invalid command, it seems to try to deploy the same
application twice and telling me the --force option should be used.

hzhang_at_nmr:~/files/sun/glassfishv3/glassfish/bin$ ./asadmin deploy
~/deployment/apps/hello1.war
CLI001 Invalid Command, deploy.
remote failure: Error during deployment : Application hello1 already
registered, please use deploy --force=true to redeploy :
java.lang.Exception: Application h ello1 already registered,
please use deploy --force=true to redeploy
Command deploy failed.

3. Now I tried to list components, it again complained the command is
invalid command and then list the application twice.

hzhang_at_nmr:~/files/sun/glassfishv3/glassfish/bin$ ./asadmin list-components
CLI001 Invalid Command, list-components.
hello1 <web>
hello1 <web>
Command list-components executed successfully.

The application was still usable afterwards (I could access the app at
localhost:8080/hello1) which explained why most the QL tests are still
passing in hudson..

- Hong