dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: What is the correct way to start admin console?

From: Jason Lee <jasondlee_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:46:41 -0500

The correct URL for the admin console is http://localhost:4848. The
first request to the port, regardless of the requested page, will
result in the admin console being installed. That's why you see the
then processed by the web container. There is no resource in the
admin console at "admin/" so you get the 404. In short, http://localhost:4848/admin
  is not a valid URL and there is no bug in the console.