dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: properties not an option anymore for deploy command?

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:42:04 -0400

Hi, Ludo

>> (This is the risk of using an un-officially supported option ;-) )
>>
>> How much change would it need for the NB/Eclipse plugins to switch
>> from "properties" to "property"? If the change is really extensive,
>> guess we will have to look into supporting both options in v3 deploy
>> command? Other suggestions?
>>
> I think the change is very recent, less than 2 weeks.
> Maybe it is elsewhere where some extra command validation has been
> added (generically maybe?)

If it's just changed recently, it must be this check in from Jerome last
Monday :-)
http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/GLASSFISH/search?author=dochez#26420107641961

It seems before this check in, it would work if the passed option
matches with either the param name attribute ("property" in this case)
or the variable name ("properties" in this case). Now it only works if
the passed in option matches with the param name attribute. I bet if you
check the server.log, you would see something like "Invalid option
properties"..

- Hong