dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: properties not an option anymore for deploy command?

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:49:39 -0400

Hi, Ludo

>>> You should use "property" instead of "properties":
>>> http://localhost:4848/__asadmin/deploy?path=/Users/ludo/acvs/ndc/WebApplication3/build/web&name=WebApplication3&force=true&property=keepSessions=true
>>>

>>> Was the "properties" working before? As far as I know, it was
>>> "property" instead of "properties" since v2?
>>
>> Weird... property works, but we have been using properties in Eclipse
>> and NetBeans up to now...
>> We can change but can we track the change that triggered this?

Ok, I found the check in (I don't even remember me making this change!):
https://glassfish-svn.dev.java.net/source/browse/glassfish-svn?rev=24192&view=rev

 From the commit message, it seems I did it to add support for
"property" option to maintain backward compatibility with v2. I did not
realize that people were actually using the "properties" (which I
believe intended to be property). As the property (or properties) option
was not officially documented in v3.prelude as one of the officially
supported options (not in the prelude deployment one-pager or deploy
command man page), there should not be a big issue of v3 prelude
backward compability here? ;-)

- Hong