dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: log viewer

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 08:29:38 -0700

Hi Carla,

There is no log viewer in v3 yet. We haven't implemented that. In
v2, we depends on the JMX mbean
"com.sun.appserv:name=logmanager,category=runtime,server=SERVERNAME"
and its method getLogRecordsUsingQuery to return a list of log records
which has very specify formats.
And there are a number of AMX methods we depend on from the
ServerRootMonitor Logging interface to provide other information we
need to construct the log viewer.
None of those was available in v3 prelude. I am not sure how all this
is supported in v3. I will need to work with you to get this working
for v3. Let's talk offline.

thanks
Anissa.