dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Exception while invoking class org.glassfish.ja,vaee.core.deployment.EarDeployer prepare method

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:27:22 -0500

Do you have the same problem if you use the glassfish distribution
instead of the web distribution?

It seems that:

1. the QL tests are trying to deploy an EAR, and
2. the web distribution contains the EarSniffer and EarDeployer (I am
not sure that it should), and

It makes perfect sense for the web distribution to exclude
gf-client-module.jar since this is related to Java EE app clients and
Java clients.

Given that the QL tests do deploy EARs, I would expect them to fail
during an attempted EAR distribution, although it might make sense to
exclude the EarSniffer and EarDeployer from the web
distribution...although there might be reasons for including them for
reasons I'm not seeing. I would have expected you to see a "module type
not recognized" sort of error trying to deploy an EAR to the web
distribution.

Please try with the glassfish distribution and see if that helps.

- Tim