dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Did you know...

From: Jagadesh Munta <Jagadesh.Munta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 16:58:16 -0800

Hi Bill,

Bill Shannon wrote:
> Wow, FindBugs errors went to zero and no one noticed? Are you sure the
> report is correct?
No. In fact, even I doubted on this! Sorry about this. Earlier, Eliot
used to do track this.
I need to watch more regularly on this report.
There was a problem with Maven version. The script had 2.0.7 and it
seems now we need minimum 2.0.9.
The errors were not properly generated as it had all classes missing.
Now modified to 2.0.10 and things are working ok.

Now with FindBugs version 1.2.1, there are about 36 bugs.
[ shift+reload -->
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/quality/v3/fb-developer-report.html]

acc 2
dol 2
orb-iiop 1
enhancer 7
support-ejb 1
framework 2
kernel 4
common-util 3
cli 1
core 2
ejb-container 2
core 1
web-naming 1
web-ajp 3
admin 1
javax.resource 1
connectors-runtime 2

*Total= 36 *

> Rather than going deeper, I'd suggest going broader. Nearly every high
> priority error is a real bug. Many of the medium priority errors require
> more analysis and judgment to determine whether they're really errors.
Ok. Thank you for your suggestion.

> The "developer report" only addresses a subset of all the code in
> GlassFish.
> The "fancy report" (which is using FindBugs 1.3.6-rc1) still shows
> lots of
> high priority issues. No doubt some of them are in code that we don't
> touch, and so should be excluded. But the rest should be addressed.

I will be modifying FindBugs with the latest version in this week.
If no regressions, I will enable it from Sunday/Monday onwards.
> And isn't it past time to integrate these two reports, possibly using the
> Hudson FindBugs plugin?
Yes. There were some discussions But never implemented.
I will look actively into this.

Thanks.
-- Jagadesh

--
<http://glassfish.dev.java.net/>
<http://glassfish.dev.java.net/>GlassFish Quality  Community
<http://glassfish.dev.java.net/quality/portal/index.html>
Project SailFin <http://sailfin.dev.java.net/>
Sun Java Application Server
<http://www.sun.com/software/products/appsrvr/index.jsp>
	*JAGADESH BABU MUNTA *
Senior Software Engineer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Phone x34397/+1 408 276-4397
Email Jagadesh.Munta_at_Sun.COM <mailto:jagadesh.munta_at_sun.com>
http://blogs.sun.com/jdbabu
http://blogs.sun.com/sailfin
*** Be one 100% total whatever you do,  including all the consequences
that result. ---YOGI says