dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Upgrade a domain to cluster profile using CLI

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:44:32 -0700

You are the second person who has had such a request in past
2 week ;). Can you elaborate your requirement here?

When I initially did this feature, I thought upgrading a server
to support clusters is not a "routine"/"scriptable" operation,
rather it is an operation where administrator has to think twice
before executing. It's one thing to click on the GUI button, but
there are some things that should be taken care of.

Anything in CLI becomes product's interface (GUI's requirements
are less critical) and this was an experimental feature. These
two reasons made me not provide an asadmin command for this.

-Kedar