dev@glassfish.java.net

Check-ins: simple handling of admin command payloads on client and server

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:11:10 -0600

Hi, everyone.

I have just checked in several changes. I wanted to let everyone know
what I've changed, not only so you can use it in your own work but also
so you're alert to any odd failures you might see. I have tested quite
thoroughly so I do not expect people to see problems.

[Ludo and Vince: I have tested deploying and running an app with
NetBeans 6.5 and it works fine with these changes in place, as it
should. When only the status report comes back in the payload the data
in the payload should look exactly as it has up until now.]

These changes make it much easier for an admin client and for the
server-side implementations of admin commands to work with any data
passed back and forth as the payloads of the http request and response.

If you need to add a command that uses the request or response payload
please look at the Javadoc for the new org.glassfish.api.admin.Payload
interface. I will probably blog about this in the near future and
provide a few more details about how to use the Payload interface if you
are building a new command.

- Tim