dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: java.net slow?

From: Jason Lee <jasondlee_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:36:52 -0600

On Jan 14, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Harsha Godugu wrote:
> I'm also curious which one/artifact is missing or what the problem
> is. First of all, when we build v3 from trunk, it should not hit
> download.java.net. This (hitting maven.glassfish.org for fetching
> maven artifacts) goes by default, without the user/dev changing the
> settings.xml. So, I'm assuming, it's not the build but checking out
> the sources of v3 is slow.

I should have written it down when it happened, but since disabling
Nexus let me get past that, I didn't think much of it. By the time I
hit the java.net issue, the artifact name had scrolled out of my
buffer. It was the build, though, and not the checkout causing me
problems.

The root cause of all of this was this error:

        The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

There's a great deal of magic going on inside Maven, so I assumed
there was some sort of stale or conflicting artifact in my local repo,
so I cleared it (i.e., mv repository repository-hide, just in case...)
and kicked off a clean build and hitting the missing artifact issue.
I'm re-rerunning the build now using my restored repo against the
Nexus mirror and I'm not seeing what I did earlier, which I can't
explain. Which irritates me. :|

         Jason Lee
Senior Java Developer
GlassFish Administration Console