dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: java.net slow?

From: Harsha Godugu <Harsha.Godugu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:32:03 -0800

Jason Lee wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2009, at 2:35 PM, Mitesh Meswani wrote:
>
>> Shouldn't all your downloads go through
>> http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish ? Thats the nexus
>> repository that Harsha has set up. Do you have any thing in your
>> local settings.xml that prevent it?
>

> It should, yes. I had Maven setup to use that, but it couldn't find
> an artifact (I forget which one). Once I disabled Nexus, it found
> what it needed, though this problem popped up. I'll reenable it and
> see what happens. :|

I'm also curious which one/artifact is missing or what the problem is.
First of all, when we build v3 from trunk, it should not hit
download.java.net. This (hitting maven.glassfish.org for fetching maven
artifacts) goes by default, without the user/dev changing the
settings.xml. So, I'm assuming, it's not the build but checking out the
sources of v3 is slow.

thanks..