dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is there any plan to change the glassfish administration conosle gui?

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:02:09 -0800

Hi Sarah,

Attached is the email that Jason sent out to the community about the new
UI that the GUI team may be implementing for GlassFish v3 release.
This is still under planning. We would like to hear what the community
thinks.
Please take a look and leave comments. We will be finalizing our plan
very soon.

thanks
Anissa.

Sarah kho wrote:

> Hi
>
> In a weblog which I do not remember its address, i read that glassfish
> administration conosle for version 3 will change to include better gui
> and a menu based navigation system, is it true or we will see the same
> familiar administation conosle gui?
>
> thanks

attached mail follows:

Good morning! :) We on the admin console are planning on making some
changes to the console. I just posted a blog entry discussing what
we're looking at and why. You can read the (same) article at the
location of your choice:

http://blogs.steeplesoft.com/changes-are-coming-to-the-glassfish-admin-console/
http://blogs.sun.com/jasondlee/entry/changes_are_coming_to_the

We're aware that many, many people rank the console highly, which is
why we're reaching out to the community to get feedback. Some changes
need to be made, but we'd like to make those in accordance to the
desires of the community as much as we can. If you have any interest
in these changes, please read the article and provide us your feedback.

Thanks! :)

         Jason Lee
Senior Java Developer
GlassFish Administration Console