dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Stop repackaging Grizzly to support OSGi

From: Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:14:24 -0800

If there are two artifacts with the same id and different contents,
then there is a complete abuse of the maven repository concept.

Only -SNAPSHOT artifacts should ever change while keeping the same
version number.

There should be no need to "sync" repositories to change artifacts
once they are published. The only reason to "sync" repositories should
be to change -SNAPSHOT artifacts or add new artifacts.

Perhaps I misunderstand.

Craig