dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why does v3 bundle dataprovider.jar ?

From: John Baker <John.Baker_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:18:29 -0800

> It is used by the Admin Console, however, the sqlx.jar was not required
> so we did not include it. Is this causing a problem?

Yes!
dataprovider.jar uses sqlx.jar for database applications.

One problem is Visual Web applications fail to run on v3 without changing the class-loader setting in sun-web.xml.
By excluding sqlx.jar causes a regression.

Also, see Tim's message from last August posted to this alias - search the archive of this dev alias for "dataprovider"
The cause of the exception is the missing sqlx.jar library.

Actually, dataprovider.jar is maintained by NetBeans visualweb. If there are any bugs in dataprovider that need fixing then
is there a process to update dataprovider.jar?

More importantly, there should be a review to decide which jars can be included.

John