dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V2.1 JMX IOException about lack of exported objects...

From: Nandini Ektare <Nandini.Ektare_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:18:40 -0800

Peter Williams wrote:
> Nandini Ektare wrote:
>> Don't see it as IPv6 issue for GF...
>> Your IPv6 loopback address was not recognised as a valid loopback
>> address.
> It is configured correctly. Are you sure GlassFish (or the JDK if
> that's where this logic is) isn't simply reading the first loopback
> address it finds and using that one regardless of type?
The API called is InetAddress.isLoopBackAddress() and that returns false
for your IPv6 loop back address.

If it were not a JDK bug, then root lies in misconfiguration. If you
think it is, you may want to toy around with
InetAddress API through standalone java tests on your development box
with IPV6 enabled and it will be easier
to narrow down to the issue.