dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: MBeanServerBuilder exceptions...

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:21:06 -0800

Lloyd Chambers wrote:
> Are you using YourKit profile
No
> or another toolkit
Maybe. I had VisualVM running when I got this today (and probably other
days). It would have detected the VM start and possibly made such a
request.

I thought about this possibility, but this doesn't happen every time,
just sometimes. For example, in this case, I started the server, got
the exception traces, and so kill the server. When I restarted it, I
didn't have any problems. VisualVM was running for the entire duration
so if it is interfering, it's intermittent or dependent on something weird.

I guess I'll just keep an eye out for consistent reproducible
conditions. Is there anything that can be done about it? (either on
the VisualVM side, assuming there's a connection, or the GlassFish side?)

-Peter