dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type text/plain with JavaMail and Prelude

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:25:49 -0800

Which build of JDK 6 is this?

Try JDK6u10 (release version, not anything prior) and tell me if it
works. Alternatively, you can run Prelude on JDK 5 and see what happens
then.

I'm 99% certain that is one of the activation bugs that is fixed in
1.1.1 and also fixed in B25 of JDK 6u10 (but not prior distributions of
JDK 6).

Which means that V3 is giving priority to the JAF implementation in the
JDK rather than the one included.

-Peter