dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: admin gui extremely slow... ideas?

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:49:44 -0700

I upgraded to firefox 2.0.0.17 and also added firefox 3.0.3.

With firefox 3 it's a bit sluggish, but it runs ok most of the time (see
trace [1] below)

Firefox 2 though, it doesn't run most of the time, and when it does,
it's very slow. This is with no plugins and a new user folder for firefox.

It appears it might be that if I start the server and run firefox2, it's
slow, but it works.

But if I start the server and access via firefox3, close, then use
firefox2 (different user folder for firefox), it freezes.

This doesn't explain the freeze that got me looking at this originally
though because I didn't even have firefox3 then.

Might a session problem.

-Peter

[1] just got this trace serverside using firefox3, resubmitted
localhost:4848 and it worked.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.sun.web.security.RealmAdapter.invokeWebSecurityManager(RealmAdapter.java:792)
        at
com.sun.web.security.RealmAdapter.preAuthenticateCheck(RealmAdapter.java:1075)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:604)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:687)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:657)
        at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:96)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.invoke(PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.java:98)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:187)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:719)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:657)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:651)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1030)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:142)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:719)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:657)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:651)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1030)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.doService(CoyoteAdapter.java:325)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:242)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:180)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(DefaultProcessorTask.java:633)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProcessorTask.doProcess(DefaultProcessorTask.java:570)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProcessorTask.process(DefaultProcessorTask.java:827)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProtocolFilter.execute(DefaultProtocolFilter.java:152)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.GlassfishProtocolChain.executeProtocolFilter(GlassfishProtocolChain.java:71)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:103)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:89)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.http.HttpProtocolChain.execute(HttpProtocolChain.java:76)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.ProtocolChainContextTask.doCall(ProtocolChainContextTask.java:67)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.SelectionKeyContextTask.call(SelectionKeyContextTask.java:56)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.util.WorkerThreadImpl.processTask(WorkerThreadImpl.java:325)
        at
com.sun.grizzly.util.WorkerThreadImpl.run(WorkerThreadImpl.java:184)