dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: admin gui extremely slow... ideas?

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:33:14 -0700

Hi Peter,

Peter Williams wrote:
> Near as I can tell, it was either downloading something or compiling
> JSF files or ???. Whatever it was doing took a 10+ minutes on a
> Ultra20M2, completely froze the browser window for the duration, and
> provided no visual indication of background processing (nor did the
> server's log window). No obvious indication of what was going on was
> indicated by netstat or prstat.
>
> The screen that indicates admin gui was being downloaded had long
> passed -- the screen it froze on was a partial view of the standard
> screen you get immediately after logging in (or the start screen if no
> credentials required).
Does the screen frozen or it eventually comes back ? I didn't see
this on my Ultra 20, but i didn't test on that machine daily either.
I did experience that only the main frame with the registration reminder
comes up, but the left frame (navigation tree) and the bottom frame
(promotion) never shows up. I have to kill the browser. This was on
my Mac, I don't know how to reproduce that though.

> I don't know if that is the expected experience (I hope not) or that
> it just ran into some bad cache data on my machine due to prior
> executions (entirely likely, no clue how to reproduce).
So, is this is a one-time experience or this is reproducible on your
machine everytime you try to access the console ?

thanks
Anissa.