dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Simple way to find the current logging level?

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:47:17 -0700

Jerome Dochez wrote:
> Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>>

>> Lloyd Chambers wrote:
>>> Jerome,
>>>
>>> Is the <module-log-levels> element respected?
>>
>> Not today. But it will be.
> not exactly, we will support upgrade scenarios where the information
> will be migrated from the domain.xml to the logging.properties but we
> will not write out any longer the log levels in the domain.xml.

I'd say we be careful with this design because I am not sure how
we are going to do logging.properties *per instance* when the
instance is part of a cluster.

When, for example, you set
cluster-config/log-service.module-log-levels.ejb-container="WARNING", all
the logging.properties should get changed.

Also, what about the other attributes of log-service? I hope we want
to support them. So, I guess we are in a tough situation where module-log-levels
can be deprecated (with a careful design) but log-service can't be.

-Kedar