dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Simple way to find the current logging level?

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:50:46 -0700

Maybe I misunderstand what you are asking, but it seems like you are
suggesting short-circuiting the logging hierarchy on the assumption that
the root level is what you need (and this may be true today).

This strikes me as quite fragile and to be avoided. What if someone
adds a setting in between? It will be ignored and the problem will not
be obvious, so quite difficult to diagnose.

-Peter