dev@glassfish.java.net

Evolution of a Prelude install

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:57:20 -0700

Hi,

I have a question about how v3 will evolve after Prelude...

Are users expected to use the update center to upgrade a prelude install
into a v3 FCS install? Will that be 'supported' or are we going to
expect folks to download new bits/builds that are FCS builds?

Why I am asking: one of the decisions that we need to make regarding IDE
integrations is the number of options we show a user... for example...

If we expect users to download a v3 FCS build, then we may want users to
be able to select a plugin for that AND still have a plugin that is for
v3 Prelude...

If we expect users to download Prelude and be able to update their way
to FCS, then it makes sense to supply a single plugin choice...

A related question would be this.... will there be multiple Java EE 6
profile downloads available... like a web profile, a full profile, etc.

Thanks,
vbk