dev@glassfish.java.net

TransmitFile on Windows

From: Olga Vasserman <Olga.Vasserman_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:35:41 -0700

Hi-

I am working on the Prelude online help, and I had a question
regarding the option to enable use of TransmitFile function in Windows
(this is a checkbox on the HTTP File Cache page in the Admin GUI).
Anissa said that someone on this alias should be able to assist me.

I've found general information about the function, but it doesn't
answer my main question, which is how enabling this function might be
helpful to running GlassFish on Windows.

Can someone with knowledge in this area provide me with a brief
description of why a user might want/not want this function enabled
(e.g., why aren't we just enabling it for Windows users, period)?
Feel free to call my extension if you need clarification.

Thanks in advance!
Olga.
--
Olga Vasserman