dev@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish V3 Prelude Log output: a final touch...

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:08:54 -0700

Hi,
I can see we are almost done with V3 Prelude, and the more I use it the
more I love it.

What our millions of developers/users will mostly experience is the log
output.

Here is what I get from a fresh build, via the log dialog in
NetBeans(stripping thread info and other non user friendly output).

Let's see if we can make this output even better by removing non
critical INFO for these millions users.

I've added a
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
 line after some entries I think we could either remove or improve:
What do you think?

INFO: Launching GlassFish on Apache Felix OSGi platform
Welcome to Felix.
=================
INFO: contextRootDir = /Users/ludo/web/glassfish/modules
INFO: Singleton already initialized as
com.sun.enterprise.module.impl.HK2Factory_at_f38cf0
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.core.kernel [71]
no resource bundle found for version, using default GlassFish version
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.common.glassfish-mbeanserver [13]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.common.common-util [87]
INFO: registering service =
org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl_at_4065c4, contract =
org.osgi.service.startlevel.StartLevel, name = null
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: registering service =
org.apache.felix.framework.PackageAdminImpl_at_d206f0, contract =
org.osgi.service.packageadmin.PackageAdmin, name = null
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.branding.branding [89]
INFO: Started bundle GlassFish-Application-Common-Module [14]
INFO: APIClassLoader = Class Loader for Bundle
[GlassFish-Application-Common-Module [14] ]
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: [Thread[GlassFish Kernel Main Thread,5,main]] started
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.admin.config-api [78]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.common.internal-api [29]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.deployment.deployment-common [97]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.deployment.deployment-autodeploy [41]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.flashlight.flashlight-framework [101]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.common.container-common [36]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.common.glassfish-naming [26]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.common.glassfish-api [98]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.connectors.connectors-runtime [39]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.transaction.jta [66]
INFO: Listening on port 47255
INFO: Network listener http-listener-2 on port 47256 has been disabled
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
Ludo note: what has it been disabled? I have no clue...

INFO: Listening on port 47223
INFO: Started JMXConnector, JMXService URL =
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://192.168.0.196:8686/jmxrmi
INFO: The Admin Console Web Application has been downloaded.
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.connectors.gf-connectors-connector [74]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.security.security [60]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.scripting.gf-jruby-connector [73]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.persistence.jpa-connector [88]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.web.gf-web-connector [99]
INFO: security.secmgroff
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.security.securitycommon [51]
INFO: Security startup service called
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.security.realms [23]
INFO: Security service(s) started successfully....
INFO: registering service =
org.glassfish.web.DirContextURLStreamHandlerService_at_7c76c6, contract =
org.osgi.service.url.URLStreamHandlerService, name = null
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.web.web-glue [96]
INFO: Created HTTP listener http-listener-1 on port 47255
INFO: Created HTTP listener admin-listener on port 47223
INFO: webcontainer.ssodisabled
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Virtual Server server set port 47255
INFO: Created virtual server server
INFO: webcontainer.ssodisabled
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
Ludo note: twice? What is it? I guess it is related to sso, but not
friendly.

INFO: Virtual Server __asadmin set port 47223
INFO: Created virtual server __asadmin
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.deployment.dol [22]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.web.web-core [32]
INFO: Dual registration of jndi stream handler: factory already defined
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
What does that mean? I have no clue:-)

INFO: Unknown loader 96.0 class
org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.ContentClassLoader
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
Scary, no?

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.web.jsf-connector [105]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.web.jstl-connector [107]
INFO: Using
com.sun.enterprise.transaction.JavaEETransactionManagerSimplifiedDelegate
as the delegate
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
So what? Do I need to understand this?

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.connectors.work-management [75]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.common.glassfish-ee-api [46]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.connectors.connectors-internal-api [28]
INFO: policy.loading
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.web.war-util [53]
INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.security.websecurity [104]
INFO: Unknown loader
org.glassfish.internal.api.DelegatingClassLoader_at_293ad8 class
org.glassfish.internal.api.DelegatingClassLoader

INFO: Loading application WebApplicationSession at /WebApplicationSession
INFO: Loading WebApplicationSession Application done is 1840 ms
INFO: GlassFish Prelude 10.0-SNAPSHOT startup time : Felix(1255ms)
startup services(2510ms) total(3765ms)

If you see a message related to your area, think twice about emitting it
as INFO...Or ask yourself this question: Would you like to see this
message emitted in your car dashboard while you are driving? :-)

Ludo