dev@glassfish.java.net

changes to jar file names, how to update installed build as a developer

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:21:27 -0700

In the last day or two a change was made where the jar-file names in
glassfish/modules became (for example) "amx-impl.jar" instead of "amx-
impl-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar".

My development process consists of:
1) a full build, installing the server
2) builds in individual module directories

Until this change, I could just do "cp common/target/*.jar /glassfish/
modules" and I instantly had an updated install for every module in
'common' which I could then test.

With the name change, the 'target' directory does *not* contain a jar
file with the correct (simplified) name as found in the 'modules'
directory. So the "target/*.jar" algorithm fails, and I'm forced to
hard-code jar file names for each and every module.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it would be very helpful to make
each module's target directory contain the jar file as actually named
in the modules directory.

Lloyd

Lloyd Chambers
lloyd.chambers_at_sun.com