dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish unbundle commandline arguments

From: Jason Lee <jasondlee_at_sun.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:31:42 -0500

On Sep 20, 2008, at 7:19 PM, T. Anbu Balakumaran wrote:
> When we unbundle glassfish ( https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2ur2-b04.html)
> using
>
> java -Xmx256m -jar <glassfish installer>.jar
>
> it pops up the license agreement.
>
> Is there any commandline arguments I can pass to the installer to
> avoid this manual click on the pop up?

You can add --console (or is it -console?):

java -Xmx256m -jar <glassfish installer>.jar --console

You'll still have to accept the license agreement, but there won't be
a GUI pop-up. If that still bugs you, you can script the extraction
and have the script pipe the keyboard input to the java process. If
you need help with that, I can dig up the answer, though it was just
asked by someone and answered (by me :) just a few days ago, so you
should be able to find it in the archives if you'd rather.

Hope that helps...

Jason Lee - x31197
Senior Java Developer, Sun Microsystems
GlassFish Admin Console Team