dev@glassfish.java.net

[GFv3] The recent bad builds by maven causing LinkageError

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 01:44:52 +0530

We are seeing issue #5855 more frequently these days. The root cause has
been identified (see issue tracker). We are yet to identify why we are
having a bad jar file. Attached here with is a dtrace script that can
help us getting closer to finding out the culprit. Those who are running
builds on Solaris, please run the script to help us identify the
culprit. Run it like this:

0) Open a terminal
1) become super user
2) ./trace.d javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.class <fully
qualified path to workspace (don't use use symbolic links)>
This prints an error in the beginning, just ignore it.
Let it run
Whenever you do a build, it shall watch that process. If the build
produces javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.class in
$WS/javax.security.jacc/target/classes/ folder, it prints the Java stack
of that process.

Send me the stack if it produces any.

Thanks,
Sahoo