dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Logger info

From: Carla Mott <Carla.Mott_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:37:33 -0700

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>>> Also, I think the "names" of the loggers are of essence here. From
>>> that point
>>> of view, Logger.getLogger(String name) is appropriate if you know the
>>> name
>>> of the logger you use and don't want to have a dependency on LogDomains.
>>> Is that a correct?
>> Let me think about this. Are you expecting the parent's resource
>> bundle to be used since you are not providing one?
>
> I am providing one LogStrings.properties in the right path. All I am saying
> is whether for instance,
>
> Logger.getLogger("javax.enterprise.system.tools.admin") will return me the
> logger that gets the associated resource bundle or
>
> do I have to use LogDomains.getLogger(ADMIN_LOGGER)?

Just to be clear. there is no LogDomains.getLogget(String name) API.
You must supply a class object. The reason is because I use that to
get the classloader needed when getting the resource bundle.

Logger.getLogger("javax.enterprise.system.tools.admin") will return the
logger with associated resource bundle as long as the logger has already
been created. If not there then it will create a logger for you. The
mapping between the resource bundle and the logger names is in the
LogDomains.java file.