dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: (QL failure) Issue 6001 has been re-assigned to SQE-Test

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:23:20 -0700

Amy Roh wrote:
> Jerome Dochez wrote:

>>> I agree with Jan that CHANGE event on http-service delivered on
>>> creation of an http-listener is unnecessary. CHANGE event on
>>> http-service should be delivered when, in fact, http-service
>>> property/attribute has been changed. Property dynamic reconfig rely
>>> on parent's CHANGE notification.

>>> As Jan suggested earlier, if we could somehow limit/avoid CHANGE
>>> event on http-service when http-listener is created, we can avoid
>>> restarting all http-listeners. Within ConfigListener
>>> implementation, AFAIK, cannot tell whether CHANGE event on
>>> http-service is from http-listener creation or Property change on
>>> http-service.
>> have you tried what I suggested yesterday ? what is the CHANGE
>> event.getSource() object, is it http-service or is the new created
>> http-listener ?
>
> As stated in the bug report 6001, during create-http-listener and
> delete-http-listener, events are -
>
> ADD com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.HttpListener
>
> CHANGE com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.HttpService
>
> REMOVE com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.HttpListener
>
> Amy

sorry I missed that...

so you can know which type of change you are getting.
for instance if you add a http-listener to the http-service, the change
event should have the following characteristics :

event.getSource() Http-Service instace
event.getOldValue null
event.getNewValue http-listener

for property :