dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 Docs Meeting -- 9/11 2-3 PM PDT

From: Carla Mott <Carla.Mott_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:34:21 -0700

There are changes in the logger that need to be documented but not sure
where they should end up. For v3 prelude users need to edit the
logging.properties file to configure the logger. This file is in the
same directory as domain.xml.

We do support dynamically updating the logger level in v3 prelude. This
means that the server doesn't need to be restarted for the new value to
take affect. The only way to do this for prelude is to edit the
logging.properties file as there is no tool support yet. I did put
examples of what the user needs to do to set the logging levels at the
end of the logging.properties file.

Carla