dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: (QL failure) Issue 6001 has been re-assigned to SQE-Test

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:16:44 -0700

> The patch will regress because dynamic reconfig was written based on
> http-service CHANGE events for handling http-service
> properties\attributes changes rather than registering a ConfigListener
> for each com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.Property itself. This is
> why Jerome added parent notification. Again, we could fine-tune each
> Property notification to get handled separately and that'll take some time.

Does this mean that you do in fact rely on http-service CHANGE to be
delivered upon creation/deletion of a property or any other child?
This contradicts with what Jan said earlier -- CHANGE event on http-service
should not have been delivered on creation of an http-listener.

So, for Prelude, how should 6001 be fixed? (Note -- I want to minimize
the changes and I agree that this has been confusing for a long time).

Thanks,
Kedar