dev@glassfish.java.net

web devtest run and startDomain issue

From: Shing Wai Chan <Shing-Wai.Chan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:58:34 -0700

Hi,

I find that I can no longer run web devtest suite in my Mac.
(It is ok in Solaris x86 and was ok in Mac.)

It gives me the following error in server.log during deployment:
"Got a null deployer out of the class
com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer container".

This is from ApplicationLifecycle.setupContainerInfos.
It tries to get info from containerInfo which is from containerRegistry.

The same code run without problem when I run asadmin start-domain directly.
(It works fine if startDomain and run test are in two different ant
invokation!)
After debugging, I find the following workaround in
appserv-tests/config/run.xml
allows me to start to run the tests:

<target name="startDomainUnix" depends="init-common" if="isUnix">
    <exec executable="${ASADMIN}" failonerror="true">
        <arg line="start-domain"/>
    </exec>
    <echo message="run.xml:doing wait for ${http.host}:${http.port}..."/>
    <sleep seconds="2"/>
    <!--
    <waitfor>
      <http url="http://${http.host}:${http.port}"/>
    </waitfor>
    -->
    <echo message="run.xml:DONE doing wait for
${http.host}:${http.port}..."/>
</target>

So, it seems that accessing the http://localhost:8080 too early will
cause some problems.