dev@glassfish.java.net

[GFv3] Occasional QL failure for classloader/jsfhello test

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 09:22:38 +0530

For last few days, I am seeing classloader/hellojsf testing failing
occasionally even in a clean workspace. I don't see anything
particularly wrong with the test. I am on OpenSolaris/x86/single core
system if that makes any difference. I am on svn rev #22461 (failrly
recent I should note). The stack trace is given at the end of this
email. If I deploy the test application and access the shown URL, it
works. Since the test is not always failing, it is difficult to debug.
Does anybody else experience this problem?

Thanks,
Sahoo

stacktrace...
   [testng] Running TestMethod webtest
   [testng] URL is: http://localhost:8080/hellojsf/index.jsp
   [testng] Connecting to: http://localhost:8080/hellojsf/index.jsp
   [testng] java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
   [testng] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketSetOption(Native Method)
   [testng] at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.setOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:264)
   [testng] at java.net.Socket.setTcpNoDelay(Socket.java:839)
   [testng] at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:395)
   [testng] at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:522)
   [testng] at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:231)
   [testng] at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:304)
   [testng] at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:321)
   [testng] at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:813)
   [testng] at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:765)
   [testng] at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:690)
   [testng] at
test.classloader.hellojsf.helloJSFTestNG.jsfAppDeployedFirstPagetest(helloJSFTestNG.java:96)
   [testng] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
   [testng] at
   [testng] at
   [testng] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   [testng] at
org.testng.internal.MethodHelper.invokeMethod(MethodHelper.java:604)
   [testng] at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:470)
   [testng] at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethod(Invoker.java:564)
   [testng] at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethods(Invoker.java:830)
   [testng] at
org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeTestMethods(TestMethodWorker.java:125)
   [testng] at
org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.run(TestMethodWorker.java:109)
   [testng] at org.testng.TestRunner.runWorkers(TestRunner.java:678)
   [testng] at org.testng.TestRunner.privateRun(TestRunner.java:624)
   [testng] at org.testng.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:495)
   [testng] at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runTest(SuiteRunner.java:300)
   [testng] at
org.testng.SuiteRunner.runSequentially(SuiteRunner.java:295)
   [testng] at org.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(SuiteRunner.java:275)
   [testng] at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:190)
   [testng] at
org.testng.TestNG.createAndRunSuiteRunners(TestNG.java:792)
   [testng] at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:765)
   [testng] at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:699)
   [testng] at org.testng.TestNG.privateMain(TestNG.java:824)
   [testng] at org.testng.TestNG.main(TestNG.java:802)
   [testng] FAILED: jsfAppDeployedFirstPagetest
   [testng] java.lang.Exception: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
   [testng] at
test.classloader.hellojsf.helloJSFTestNG.jsfAppDeployedFirstPagetest(helloJSFTestNG.java:122)
   [testng] Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
[...]
   [testng] ... 22 more
   [testng] ... Removed 22 stack frames

   [testng] classloader_jsf
   [testng] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Skips: 0