dev@glassfish.java.net

how to create a domain with a space in the path

From: Rochelle Raccah <Rochelle.Raccah_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 14:28:10 -0700

I'm working on testing domaindir support for the glassfish eclipse
plugin and need to create a domain with a space in the path for v2 and
v3. Here's what I tried (Mac) with the errors I received:
V3 M1, asadmin cli:
$ ./asadmin create-domain --adminport 3333 --domaindir
"/Users/rochelleraccah/space domain" --instanceport 3030 domainspace
Key not found (SpaceNotAllowedInPath)
Closest matching command(s):
     create-domain
Command create-domain failed.

V2: NB 6.1: create personal domain, choose dir
/Users/rochelleraccah/DesktopStuff/My V2 SpaceDomain (put this in the
wizard)
Allows me to finish the wizard, but at the end I get an error that says
I should delete the invalid domain that could not be created properly
and this in the console:
Please, wait while the domain is being created...
Invalid value for domain name : My V2 SpaceDomain
CLI130 Could not create domain, My V2 SpaceDomain

Then I thought the problem is the V2 above is really a space in the
domain name, not the path, so I tried again. I created a directory with
spaces, then
/Users/rochelleraccah/DesktopStuff/My V2 SpaceDomain/domain2 (put this
in the wizard)
Allows me to finish the wizard, but at the end I get an error that says
I should delete the invalid domain that could not be created properly
and this in the console:
Please, wait while the domain is being created...
CLI176 Argument for --domaindir option cannot contain spaces.

So, is this supported for v2 and v3? Is my syntax wrong or am I using
an old build?

Please advise. Thanks,
Rochelle