dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3 OLH] JDBCRealm properties

From: Olga Vasserman <Olga.Vasserman_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:49:37 -0700

Hi all-

I was wondering anyone might be able to offer assistance explaining
some JDBCRealm properties. We currently have the list of properties
as included at the end of this message. For some reason, three of
them do not have a description in the current help (the ones
with ???). I'm assuming that the JNDI property can be described
simply as "JNDI name for this realm," but I'd like that confirmed.
And if someone could please let me know what the description for Group
Table and Group Name Column should be (or where I can find more
documentation on this to figure it out on my own), that would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Olga.

JAAS context
Type of login module to use for this realm. The only valid value is
jdbcRealm.

JNDI
??? The default value is jdbc/security.

User Table
Table containing list of authorized users for this realm. The default
value is usertable.

User Name Column
The name of the column containing the list of users inside the user
table. The default value is userid.

Password Column
The name of the column containing the respective user's password in
the user table. The default value is password.

Group Table
??? The default value is grouptable.

Group Name Column
??? The default value is groupid.