dev@glassfish.java.net

Repackaging of artifacts to add OSGi metadata

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:16:23 +0530

If you look at v3/distributions/external directory, you shall find we
repackage around a dozen of jar files to add OSGi meta data. The
artifacts fall into two categories, viz: artifacts originally developed
by some other group in Sun and artifacts from some other open source
projects. Of the current list of artifacts being repackaged, we shall
definitely remove grizzly*, jaxb by HCF time. We will then be left with
the following Sun produced artifacts:
jasper-jsr199,
jmxremote_optional,
ldapbp,
sysnet-registration.

Can owner of every module that primarily require the aforementioned
artifacts to contact the original artifact suppliers to get OSGied
versions so that we don't have to repackage them in v3 workspace?

Thanks,
Sahoo