dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: build failure, of course

From: Harsha Godugu <Harsha.Godugu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:31:20 -0700

Bill Shannon wrote:
> Harsha Godugu wrote:
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish/org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://maven.dyndns.org/glassfish//org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
>>> [INFO]
>>>

>> This is the super pom of gf. Try mvn install and then clean and
>> then install. That would fetch the super pom.
>> Sorry this is really out-of-order for now.
>
> Makes no difference. mvn install fails with the same error.

I tried to reproduce this problem / failure. But, I couldn't.

Here is what I did:

i) I had an earlier v3 (successfully built) build. Removed my local
repo. (like you did)
ii) then gave mvn clean
iii) I do see the lines:
            Downloading:
http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish/org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
            Downloading:
http://maven.dyndns.org/glassfish//org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
            Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
            checked in the local repo for the super pom. it's there.
iv) I also see all the targets being deleted.

Finally I see build successful. If this is a bug, I would like to
catch this bug very much :-)

Would you be able reproduce this again. In that case, please tar your
workspace for download, so that I can download it. I will and see if I
can hit the same issue.

-hg