dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3] Start-up problem - error starting JMX cnnector; Cannot bind to URL [xxx]:javax.naming.InvalidNameException: Cannot create empty subcontext

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:02:45 -0500

I can't recall if others have reported this problem. (I searched the
dev alias archives and didn't see anything.)

I did a mvn clean; svn update; mvn -U install and get this error during
start-up:

SEVERE: ERROR starting JMX connector: JmxConnector config: { name =
system, Protocol = rmi_jrmp, Address = 0.0.0.0, Port = 8686, AcceptAll =
false, AuthRealmName = admin-realm, SecurityEnabled = false}:
java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL
[rmi://192.168.2.101:8686/management/rmi-jmx-connector]:
javax.naming.InvalidNameException: Cannot create empty subcontext
Jul 29, 2008 11:58:22 AM

I never see the "start-up complete" message at the end of the server.log
either.

Has anyone else seen this, or does anyone have any suggestions how to
get past this?

Thanks.

- Tim